First Time Feeding Superworms= Some Problemos...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay guys, have not been on in a while but I really need some advice here. I fed Justin Bobby some superworms 2 days ago, about 6 at first since this was the first time i had given them to him. He ate three without a problem but did not eat the rest so I removed them and gave him a salad which he munched on. Well...

The next morning I woke up to a horrible smell, poop splattered all over the viv and some weird liquid on the repticarpet... :puke:

I took Justin out, gave him a bath, he pooped ALOT in the water, and pieces of superworm were definately evident but now he's not eating. The pet store got crickets in (they didn't have them the day before which is why I tried the worms) and he's not interested, or interested in his salad which he usually loves. hmmmm
I'm just a little worried about the poor guy.... :(

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How old is he & how long is he?
Sometimes they have some trouble with digesting them at first. I would start with 3 or less when giving them the first time to make sure they will be digested properly.
Do you have any probiotic at home to help soothe his tummy? That could help him out. Also, i would give him some oral fluids daily as well to help him rehydrate right now.
Maybe increase his temps a couple of degrees, but do not exceed 110. That will help his digestion out too.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom