First time Beardie owner - "Pascal" updated3/26 swimming pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiesmom

Original Poster
theoc1172":3t0j1foi said:
Welcome! I'm new, myself. Your dragon is beautiful!

Thank you, and welcome to you :mrgreen:

OK, here's 2 more close ups. I tried to get more shots of him swimming because its so cute, but by the time I untangled my blanket and got my phone he had scrambled out and was giving me a very smug Ha-Ha look .... :)

2012-03-25_19-08-27_305.jpg

2012-03-25_19-08-41_115.jpg

ChellyBeans

Gray-bearded Member
Lol! Yea he was! He is such a handsome dragon! I want one that color, but my two are handfuls! If you want to see them, if you click on General Discussion and then find Phoenix and Titan, you can see my little dinosaurs. :D

zoiesmom

Original Poster
mooseknuckler":1k5g1dbm said:
Awesome name! Haha :p

-Pascal
It IS a great name, isn't it?!

OK, I got a swimming pic today, or rather a chillin' in the water pic... Disregard the blue tape, I have to hammer a nail back in and haven't done it yet. Just trying to prevent an escape :wink:

2012-03-26_14-08-39_842.jpg

He was hanging out like this for a while. He jumps in swims around a bit, then soaks.

Here's a closeup of what looks lik an uncomfortable position, but he doesn't seem to mind!! :?

2012-03-26_14-09-15_966.jpg

He's got 3 large decorations he can stand on or use to climb out, but he likes to stand on this one and lookout the glass the best.

Pascal does not understand what is so interesting about a swimming dragon :lol:

2012-03-26_14-08-51_629.jpg

zoiesmom

Original Poster
Thanks everyone!

In response to the humidity issue, I did get a hyGrometer (still think it should be a hyDrometer :lol: ) and it's reading 28%. According to the packaging Beardies should be 20-30%, does anyone else have an opinion on that? I have it near where he spends the most time.

We've only had him a week and a half, and I swear he's fattening up already! He chomped on a dozen big fat crickets today, he eats salad like a champ, and I have a bunch of asst. worms coming tomorrow. Supers, and horns, and butters, Oh My! And I think wax, and something else.....No dubias though, being from NY I can NOT bring my self to buy roaches, lol!!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Is this a digital hygrometer or a dial one?

Dials hygrometers can be just as inaccurate as dial thermometers.

-Brandon

zoiesmom

Original Poster
Icyblackkat":1snyyo0p said:
I am in love with his colouring

Thank you! :)

Oh Brandon, you always burst my bubble, lol!! But I really do appreciate it! It is a dial, I didn't see any digital ones. I'll have to check Amazon before my baby starts growing moss :cry:

On the bright side, he got some yummiest from Small Pet Feeders today...crickets and horn worms, and super worms, and wax worms and butter worms, Oh My!! He's in for a treat tomorrow :lol:

zoiesmom

Original Poster
claudiusx":3b31r5s1 said:
Im sorry I wasn't trying to burst your bubble lol! :oops:

-Brandon

Oh I am totally teasing!! I'd rather someone tell me what I need to know than worry about offending me !!! I need to know all the things I don't know, lol!! Thank you for your help :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete5775
Top Bottom