First few crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardieUK92

Heym this is the 3rd day that my beardie has been with me and this morning i put 5 crickets into her Viv and straight away she crunched down 4 of them, she didnt seem interested in the 5th tho.

as she is only 6,7,8 weeks old should i be concerned she isnt eating the veggies im putting down? or it might just be the case she dosnt like what im offering?

im going to offer 5 more crickets some time later and hopefully she will gobble them all down and the same a bit later then that

Thanks, from Neil and Sheeva :)

UTreptiles

At that age beardies will tend to ignore the veggies. As babies they require more proteins than veggies anyway. You should still offer the veggies but don't be too alarmed if they go untouched. Just keep feeding them the crickets. Gutload the crickets 24 hours prior to feeding if you can.

diggerdrake

Juvie Member
since you have had your beardie for only 3 days he/she is still getting used to the surroundings. give it a week or so and you will see your beardie eating more and more. make sure that you are using the proper lighting and that the temps are good too. search the site there is plenty of good info.

BeardieUK92

Original Poster
This morning my beardie at 4 crickets straight away, and on the second feeding another 3 and a waxworm :)
she also had a little bit of the veggies i put out

im glad she is eating now :)

BeardieUK92

Original Poster
sadly most my crickets died! this is my first exotic pet and i didnt know how long they would last without food, i thort the little sawdusty stuff int here package was food or something, however i bought a cricket keeper today and learned to put some veggies into it to keep them alive :)

its alot easyer to cover the crickets with calcium powder and feed Sheeva them now because you just have to tip the tube that they hide in into her Viv, glad with that purchase :) :)

on the subject of keeping the crickets alive, what do you tink the best food to put in the keeper is?
oh and before i forget do i need to feed the wax worms aswell? they just came in some little tub with some wood shavings :? :?

LJean

Extreme Poster
There is some cricket gutload stuff you can buy. But I always just put some greens and veggies in there when I used them. I am not sure if you are supposed to feed the waxworms or what to feed them. If they get wet, they seem to die off quickly.

BeardieUK92

Original Poster
ahhh right ill be sure to keep them dry then, ill monitor them and see how long they last in there pot and get back to you :)

i might try putting different veggies into the cricket keeper every week or so to see what gets eaten more or something, Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom