First Beardie Home!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone!! I am super happy and excited that I will be getting my first reptile (a beardie) around next week! I am waiting till me and my family are done moving and settled to get a beardie because moving is stressful for beardie's so I can only imagine what 3 moves will do to him :(
Anyway I am here because I have finally gotten 95% of the things I will need for my beardie and his enclosure (not included food/vitamins).
He (or she) has a 40 gallon tank with metal but screen lid, a 100wat heat bulb, 2 thermometers for the different sides of the tanks, and 1 humidity gauge for the middle, I have 2 basking seats/playgrounds/hideout, and a larger hideout on the cooler side, and a medium sized water bowl, 2 small salad bowls, and a large branch to climb on, with a medium sized area in the tank just to sit on the ground the only thing I do not have is a UV bulb/lamp yet.
The beardie I am getting with be about 4 months, so I will probably put a piece of cardboard in the middle to make the tank a 20 gallon for him.

BTW I wish I could have posted pictures ,but I have a very cheap/crappy laptop that does not have a camera lol.

If you read this whole things then you get a thumbs up Lol. Thank you!!!

vulcan2016

Hatchling Member
It sounds like you have justabout everything you need except the uvb. However iIjust got my bbearded dragon and he iisn'tmuch older than a couple of months and he is in a 20 gallon eenclosure now but iIwish iIgot him one a bit bigger iit'snot that it is too small iit'sjust that even with him being so small it ddoesn'tseem like there is a lot of room to roam. But smaller tanks will help him eat his live food better so Iwould maybe only use the cardboard for feeding times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom