first beardie have a couple questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi im Logan and i am new to the bearded dragon world. i am preordering my baby beardie today and will pick it up thurseday.. i am very excited. my questions are what else will i need before i bring the baby home? so far i have: 29 gallon tank, repticarpet, screen lid, uvb tube light, a red heat bulb, hiding cave, shallow water dish, basking rock, and some climbing limbs also on the basking side of tank. i have a digital thermomater.. and i think thats about it.. so what else do i need and any help or tips are greatly appriciated! thanks Logan

Livey

Extreme Poster
I would really not use the red heat bulb, If its for day i would go a day light one and if its for night they will be able to see it (disturbs sleep)
What UVB are you using?

If you have any more questions just ask :D

Hi Logan and welcome to the site! :wave:

Olivia x

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
Hi Logan :wave:

I agree with Livey, you do not need the red light it will disturb their sleep at night and during the day you can just use a regular household bright white bulb probably a 75 watt in that size tank for heat.
If you need heat at night you can get a ceramic heat emitter and use it. It does not emit any light.

You should feed them as much as they can eat in 10 minutes 2-3 times a day. Most people feed crickets. but you can feed reptiworms/phoenix worms, small silkworms, small hornworms, butterworms, dubia. All as long as you follow the rule of it has to be smaller than the space between the dragons eyes.

Also mealworms are a no-no

MissMichelle91

Hatchling Member
Hey, Logan :D Welcome to Bd.org!
http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html
This website is great with what your dragon can and can't eat. It's a life-saver. And your baby can eat crickets, phoenix worms, dubia roaches, and silk worms. No mealworms, though. They're very hard to digest. And remember! The bugs should be no bigger than the space between their eyes. You'll also need to dust them with calcium with D3 (5 days a week) and vitamins (2 days a week).
Baby dragons can eat a lot. They can eat anywhere from 20-100 feeders a day, depending on your dragon. You should let it eat as much as it can in a 10-15 minute span.

Hope this helps!

rebellogan

Original Poster
Wow thanks that will be great help and just one more ? For now... I have two heat mats on is very small the other is a little bigger will I need those?

MissMichelle91

Hatchling Member
You should avoid the heat mats. Dragons don't feel heat very well through their bellies, so they actually sit on there until their stomachs actually get burned.

rebellogan

Original Poster
ok so what temp should it be during the day and at night for a baby beardie? and will a standard house light bulb put off enough heat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixxie
Top Bottom