First bath...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i did a good amount of research about this. Last night i got a 8-9month old beardie female from another member of this site who got her as a rescue, but just couldn't do it with the other beardies she had and things going on in her personal life. My wife and i gladly stepped up and grabbed her more then willingly.

She is slightly timid, no fast movements around her, and she is fine, but i want to get her into the habit of bathing often to help reduce the clean up in the tank and get more adapt to handling. What i got from research, warm to the touch water, not hot, not cold, up to chest level but not higher, NO SOAP, if she poops clean the water and replace with new water, 10 - 20 mins, don't leave her alone and stay wit hher, remove her put her in a towl to dry off, and then place her back into her basking spot to warm back up.

I plan on doing this in our bathtub, that is sloped so if she panics with the water she can move out of it willingly. Anything that im missing?

lacy_black

Gray-bearded Member
Looks perfect :) good luck and i've found that if theyre timid about the bath put your hand in with them it seems to calm them. (watch in case she decides to potty tho) :lol:

JimnCar70506

Original Poster
So it went .... ok..... i found out she is definately not a fan of the bathtub, but wasn't against staying in a ruber maid with warm water. In fact she seemed to like the smaller container and laid down(?) pancaking out. dropped water on her back and let a few drops hit her nose and she licked them up, so i know she got some water in her at least. stayed there fore about 10 mins, and then she started getting finicky and wanted out, so i picked her up and put her in a small bathtowl i had set up and wrapped her up in it, and carried her to the couch where it seemed she fell asleep. I started surfing the web and next thing i knew she wanted out, and wiggled her way out of the towel, stopped on my chest for about a second and then jumped on the couch, couch to the floor, and then started going to the back door, closed, but still didnt' want her wandering on my living floor so i walked slowly over to her, picked her up and put her back into her tank where she instantly climbed up to get close to her light....

So besides the daredevil jumps i wasn't prepaired for.... i say it was rather successful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom