Finding Reptisun fixtures online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virus

Hatchling Member
I am sorry for asking for help such as this, but I don't have a lot of time to look online. Time on computers are limited here in wonderful Afghanistan. In a couple of weeks I'm going home on leave, and I need to work on my beardie cages.

I'm having issues with Mega Rays (multiple times now), so I ordered Reptisun 10.0 lights at 36" in length. I need to find everything I need to install a fixture to be able to use them when I make it home. If I can order them soon, then the parts should arrive home before I do, and I can get to work as soon as possible. So, if anyone is kind enough to help and perhaps provide a list and links to where I can get the parts needed to install the lights.

Oh, also, the fixture won't be hanging, or suspended, but attatched to the top of a DIY 4'x2'x2'.

Once again, I am sorry for just asking about this, but I didn't find anything in a quick search, and would greatly appreciate the help. Thank you,

Virus

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
Hi i googled light fixtures and nowhere seems to do them for a 36" bulb. Sorry i couldn't be of much help

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
it says its a magnetic fixture so if you've got somewhere it'll attach i think it'll be fine

rcpeacock

Im pretty sure that neither one of those fixtures will work. Those use T12 bulbs(the big 1 1/2" bulbs) I believe the reptisuns are T8 bulbs.(1" bulbs)
I wanted a 3' fixture for my DIY cage, but gave up. Zoomed, they make the reptisuns, makes a 36" hood for their bulbs. I think it might be a little bulky for what I want.
I made a 5x2x2 cage. So I opted for a 4' fixture. Home depot has a T8 one bulb fixture for $25. I found the 4' reptisun 10 high output at http://www.petmountain.com/product/reptile-fluorescent-bulbs/11442-507370/48-inch-36-watt-t8-.html for less than $18. Good luck

rcpeacock

good find. i thought about the 2 bulb type, because the bulbs fit down on the sides of the ballast, instead of on top.(more low profile) and if you dont want to pop for two reptisuns, you can always put a regular tube on one side.(i dont know why t8 fixtures are so expensive) I did find a low profile 36" single tube t8, of all places, @ Lowe's.(someone else on this site linked it- http://www.lowes.com/pd_74907-1390-GU9336D-T8-WHI_0__?newSearch=true&catalogId=10051&productId=1099993&UserSearch=36+inch+t8+light+fixtures&Ntt=36+inch+t8+light+fixtures&N=0&langId=-1&y=9&x=21&storeId=10151&ddkey=http

Thanks for your service, btw.

Virus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I like that link you provided, pretty cheap alternative. Though I'm beginning to like the idea of a dual light set up. I would only use one reptisun, but I could probably get a nice regular bulb for better lighting. I suppose I'll get ready to order for of the fixtures, and I'll just say this is an early Christmas present for my poopers (since I won't be around for it). Good news is that I can use the remaining Mega Rays for my snapping turtle, Dredge.

And thank you, if anything it's helping to pay for beardie and turtle mansions.

BadCon

Sub-Adult Member
+1 for the Exo-Terra Terrarium Lamp controller. For 36" bulbs you'll need the 30w version - http://www.reptilesupply.com/product.php?products_id=2121

I use one of these, and it really is fantastic. Electronic ballast = no hum or flicker, and it has adapters for use with T12 or T8 bulbs. There are 2 leads per controller, so if your vivs are right next to each other, you should be able to to use 1 lamp controller for both enclosures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom