finally someone who can help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. I think I finally found someone local who is going to get me what I need for my dragon. I believe I was definitely steered wrong by my pet shop whom I really trusted before... Anyway.

So this guy wants me to bring in my dragon so he can properly determine his age and recommend a new bedding (he's on sand for the last 3 days), the proper size of feeders and make sure the lights are right.

Does this sound right to you all? My first guy said to put him on sand, and to feed him 10-12 crickets 3X a week... But this guy is only 9 inches long so I think he's a baby. He also sold me superworms, which I never gave Papi thankfully. The crickets are awfully tiny so I've been giving him those. 90% of them are teh size of that space btw his eyes, but some are a bit bigger. He's also eating salad every day. So anyway.

If you guys think this guy sounds like the real deal I'll make the ONE HOUR drive out there to Chatsworth!!!! I think it's worth it we're so attached to Papi would hate him to go through any other mistakes.

I've been worried about him being impacted from the sand already but he's had two poops in 3 days so he's prob okay right now.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
You could go over your lighting and everything with us; that way you wouldn't have to drive to see this other person. Some of us are pretty knowledgable, and with all of our opinions put together, you will get some good info. We can all contribute to going over your setup with you.

Sand can cause impaction. Tiles, astroturf, repti-carpet, shelf liner, newspaper, and paper towels are all great substrates. Anything loose puts your beardie at risk of impaction, which is not fun. Budo was slightly impacted once (overdose on mealworms :lol:), and it was not fun at all! Daily baths, massages, special foods (including syringe-feeding him babyfood with vegetable oil), and a host of other things. And Budo is an adult with a hardy digestive system. Baby beardies have very sensitive digestive systems that are easily damaged. Impaction can be fatal to young beardies.

Would you like to go over your lighting with us? Basking lamps, UV lights, temps, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom