Finally got my Beardie baby :) *PHOTOS ADDED*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indie85

Hatchling Member
So, i finally picked up my baby beardie yesterday :)

He's 7.5" and from Daichu, he's a Hypo 66% Possible Het Translucent, whatever that means, lol.

He's set up in a 4ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft viv with a Repti Sun 10 Uv and a Basking Bulb attached to a habistat which is at 98 F at the moment. I've got another digital thermometer coming tomorrow to make sure the cool end is the right temp.

Yesterday he ate 4 hoppers when I got him home and some curly cale. Today he's eaten 2 crickets and 6 hoppers. Is this ok for now? I think i read on here its normal for them not to eat alot the first few days? How much should i be expecting him to eat? They are size 3 hoppers and crickets.

Here's some pics:

The viv:
048.jpg

The Beardie :) I've not named him yet.

20091227.jpg

20091233.jpg

059.jpg

LFC

Hatchling Member
ohhhh lol. well i read on someone feeding their beardie a fuzzy mouse- he was under weight and all that fun stuff thats why i asked- but cool, hes adorable!

twyliteskyz

Hatchling Member
oh wow, nice viv! its cool you make such a nice place for him . i got mine from daichu too. congrats on the new little one!
how we fed ours is just made sure the bugs are not too big (smaller then the space between the eyes) and we gave him as much as he'd eat. ones tip i have for you is the little crickets cant escape from the small plastic planter dishes, if you buy the 12" planter dish from walmart they are like only a dollar, and you can put the crickets in there and he can get to them if you place a log next to it.
this will also work for adult crickets but you have to cut their hind legs off Lol. which i dont like doing, but we havent switched to roaches yet lol. if you want a picture of the planter dish im talking about i can post one

Indie85

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the comments :)

He doesnt seem to like eatin the crickets? I tried to put him in a container to feed him so he didnt have to chase his food round a big viv, but he freaked out, so i gave up.

LFC

Hatchling Member
Indie85":ed414 said:
Thanks for the comments :)

He doesnt seem to like eatin the crickets? I tried to put him in a container to feed him so he didnt have to chase his food round a big viv, but he freaked out, so i gave up.

Mine does that also- at first we thought that she didn't like the crickets, but then i decided to try hand feed her the crickets (holding them by the back legs) and she ate them fine, then i put them in the tank with her- a few at a time. and she seemed to have fun chasing them around, plus gives her some exercise

Indie85

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Having a bath. This picture shows his true colours

003-1.jpg

Measuring against our Sky remote when he was about 8.5"

20091224.jpg

Now 10" and about 3 months old. Begging for food :)

He's in shed now, so his legs are shedding and his back has gone all pale :D

006.jpg

Trying to eat the crickets through the box. lol.

005.jpg

I took the lid off the cricket tub to feed him and he jumped in! He quickly jumped back out when he realised he was over run and the crickets were crawling all over him,lol.

022.jpg

Eating his salad. Wow he makes a mess!

026.jpg

017.jpg

047.jpg

mmm fresh salad

064.jpg

ooooo

088.jpg

num num num num

089.jpg

Indie85

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ooo i've also been keeping a diary of him as he grows:

Baby Beardie - Emmett
Daichu - Hypo 66% probable het translucent

Born October 2009

Collected 13th December: Length 7.5”
20th December: Length: 8”
25th December Length: 8.5”
2nd January - 9”
8th January - 9.75”
13th January - 10"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angiemeyer8561
Top Bottom