Fighting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcarson

I brought home two bearded dragons yesterday that have lived in the same enclosure for 2 1/2 years. they were fine before i brought them home, fine on the ride, but now that i have everything all set up, they are biting each other and not letting go, getting on each other backs, bobbing their heads, blackening their beards... they are fine with me, the problem seems to be with each other. why is this happening now? stress of moving?

Brieana

Hatchling Member
Congrats on your new additions!

Stress from the move probably brought it on, but maybe their past owners weren't completely honest with you about their behavior. You need to separate them right away and start working on getting a second enclosure set up.

Here is some information on why they should be and permanently stay in separate enclosures.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=154908

TJeno

As its' been said, it's usually a bad idea to keep two beardies together - especially if they're both males. Mixed genders or two females are usually safer, but I'd never do it regardless of their sexes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom