Few Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dragon is almost 4 years old and she has started to have some health issues lately. For one she has broken a few of her toenails and now they grow kinda funny but don't seem to bother her. Any suggestions on what to do about that?

I have also had some issues with yellow patches of dead skin. The skin seems to be from poor shedding not yellow fungus. I have managed to get her skin almost completely cleared up but since she is not growing nearly as much now she is not shedding often and sometimes shed does not complete her shed which I believe may have caused the nasty patches. I looks like she is in need of another shed. I have also been giving her baths in Nolvason solution/warm water and applying antifungal cream to the patches as a precaution. It seems that the antifungal cream actually made the problem worse because it wasn't allowing the skin patches to dry out.

I noticed that with the plummeting Midwest temperatures the tank had gotten colder and she was basking less so I raised the basking spot by putting in a shelf and replaced her MegaRaySB. Could that have been the problem? Too little heat or maybe to little UVB?

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Well, for the nails, are you still supplimenting regularly with vitamins & calcium? Those should help... I've noticed my oldest boy has kind of wonky nails, so it may just be an older dragon thing, but I think it's because he didn't get enough vitamins before I got him.

And the dry "ill-shedded" patches... have you tried scrubbing them very gently with a soft toothbrush during bathtime? If it's a bad shed this may help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom