Few issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xarazona

Nothing has changed with Aiden, set up, temps, are all aok, but his attitude and behavior has. I think I may have scared him because he seems stressed and nervous, but I'm not sure. I can hold him fine, sometimes he does struggle, sometimes he doesn't. He doesn't flare his beard, or get mad, but he is in the corner of his viv, and won't come out. He turned dark, we were trying to get out the crickets he hadn't eaten and I think we may have scared him & my large boxers may have scared him too; they weren't in the room this time, but have been previously. He isn't eaten as much as he has done, but we might have just over fed because does eat, just not as much as he used to.

Note, my boxers haven't scared him in the past, so we're not sure why he's suddenly ran to a corner. I come to you guys because you've helped me before, and I was hoping you could help me now. Do I just have a nervous beardie? He ate about 10-15 cricks, and a few greens this morning. His poop is once a day and normal.

I'm leaving him to settle down for now till bed time, hoping he will come out of the corner. /: I hope I didn't do anything wrong..

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. How long have you had him? Need a run down of his set up. Likevwhat kind of lights? Brands. Temps and how do you take them.

Xarazona

Original Poster
Had him almost a month now, he is five months, Arcadia UVs 12%, exo terra basking lamp 100 Watts its not a coil one. Cool side is about 85-87, warm side is 100-103. It does get to 105. We take them with a probed digital thermometer.

Thank you for replying!

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
He might be hitting the puberty stage. Some dragons hit it early. Are the sides of his tank covered? Have you tried calming him down and not coming at him from on the top of him, but rather the side?

Xarazona

Original Poster
He is in a completely wooden tank with glass at the front, it only gets covered at night as I am up till the late hours and don't want the computer screen waking him up which it has done in the past, he likes sleeping with my blanket covering the front. I always pick him up from the side, he usually trusts me and even when he was in the corner I could pet him with no beard flaring or aggressiveness. He was alright before we started trying to get the cricks out. Maybe the tweezers scared him a little? This is the first issue like this we have had, he got a little better as the night went on, came out from the corner, basked and then went to his sleeping spot at the appropriate time. I guess you're right? He was having a puberty moment, I guess, this so far is completely out of character.

I could pet him all the time, he had no problem before or after, or during his moment where he didn't like me petting him on the head or back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stihlgirl
Top Bottom