Ferret attack

Cadence Warren

Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Nova
My bearded dragon was attacked by a ferret. He has a puncture wound on the top of his lip near his nostril and some scales ripped off under his beard. The wounds were only on one side of his face. I had cleaned his wounds with hydrogen peroxide, but my main concern is the wound on his lip. When I opened his mouth his top teeth were loose and there is some blood. I also had iced his lip to help reduce swelling. I am so worried about him. Is there anything else I can do ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My bearded dragon was attacked by a ferret. He has a puncture wound on the top of his lip near his nostril and some scales ripped off under his beard. The wounds were only on one side of his face. I had cleaned his wounds with hydrogen peroxide, but my main concern is the wound on his lip. When I opened his mouth his top teeth were loose and there is some blood. I also had iced his lip to help reduce swelling. I am so worried about him. Is there anything else I can do ?
Yes get some raw unpasteurized honey on it right away - that's going to kill infection- I am gonna flag your post to our vet tech - if your feeding crickets don't feed in the tank they will go straight for the wound-
@Drache613

Cadence Warren

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Nova
Yes get some raw unpasteurized honey on it right away - that's going to kill infection- I am gonna flag your post to our vet tech - if your feeding crickets don't feed in the tank they will go straight for the wound-
@Drache613
Thank you sooo much , I only feed him dead mealworms and kale

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Thank you sooo much , I only feed him dead mealworms and kale
He needs live insects please - dubia roaches are a good feeder
www.dubiaroaches.com - he needs salads I will post a website tomorrow - along w/ some treat worms like supers and horn worms- what are you using for a uvb ? Coil? Long tube fixture? Does the dragon have a black beard ? Can you post pics of the wound please

Cadence Warren

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Nova
He needs live insects please - dubia roaches are a good feeder
www.dubiaroaches.com - he needs salads I will post a website tomorrow - along w/ some treat worms like supers and horn worms- what are you using for a uvb ? Coil? Long tube fixture? Does the dragon have a black beard ? Can you post pics of the wound please
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 62

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
View attachment 77921
This is the type of bulb that I use
Please do not use any colored bulbs- they can cause long term eye damage-- you need a clear solid bright white basking bulb examples flukers- exo Terra intense and Arcadia halogen-- you need 2 digital probe thermometers to get accurate surface basking temps-- how old is he? And another critical bulb is a long tube fixture uvb- I will post fixtures for you in the morning- he will stop eating w/ none of this being correct-

Cadence Warren

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Nova
Please do not use any colored bulbs- they can cause long term eye damage-- you need a clear solid bright white basking bulb examples flukers- exo Terra intense and Arcadia halogen-- you need 2 digital probe thermometers to get accurate surface basking temps-- how old is he? And another critical bulb is a long tube fixture uvb- I will post fixtures for you in the morning- he will stop eating w/ none of this being correct-
I had gotten him August 21,2022

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
He’s still very active and sticks his tongue
Red bulbs or any colored bulbs are no good - he's getting no uvb of which wards off mbd along w/ other health issues - the bright white basking bulb provides UVA - you need these things along w/ the digital probe thermometers to get accurate surface basking temps-- this starts digestion - how old was he when you got him ? Him being this long long w/ out proper husbandry he's getting sick and the wounds he suffered from the ferret attack will not heal

Cadence Warren

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Nova
Red bulbs or any colored bulbs are no good - he's getting no uvb of which wards off mbd along w/ other health issues - the bright white basking bulb provides UVA - you need these things along w/ the digital probe thermometers to get accurate surface basking temps-- this starts digestion - how old was he when you got him ? Him being this long long w/ out proper husbandry he's getting sick and the wounds he suffered from the ferret attack will not heal
When I adopted him there was no date from when he was born , he also just pooped and is running around happily

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
When I adopted him there was no date from when he was born , he also just pooped and is running around happily
That's good but w/ incorrect husbandry that's going to stop- at this time he's developing mbd- please look on this forum under articles for basic set up etc-- your dragon needs these things I posted for you to live-

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom