Female in the house... or my beardie slave!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went home for lunch yesterday (I really just wanted to check on the dragons!)

Well, I got the food dishes cleaned up and then I went to work on Saxon's lunch dish. As I was approaching his beard puffed and was black! When I backed away it went down.

I can only think of two things to irritate him. He smells the female or he was jealous that I took care of Cerys and Dai first. Of course I just smiled and took him out (after taking some pics) and then took more pics. hehe His beard was more pronounced then the last time I saw it and it went down his body and legs! It was awesome!

He's my little man. I fed him some applesauce baby food (he hasn't been eating his salad). And I cuddled with him, his beard went down and back to normal color.

I'll post pics sometime this weekend.

So what do you think it was... the female beardie or the jealousy? ;)

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Since I've never had a jealous beardie, I don't really know. He could just be upset with you for being gone soooo long. Or it could be a combination of knowing their are females and him not being able to get to her or that he was left till last.

saxondragon

Original Poster
I'm usually gone about 10 hours a day. I've never gone home at lunch with him at home. I just call my mom every hour or and ask... "How's Saxon?" I did that repeatedly the first few days. My mom was feeling neglected I think by then. She teased me for not asking how she is or even saying hi to her!

So I don't think it was me being gone so long... Though I do feel bad, it's just called life. I need to work. His food is not cheap! hehe

ronni1221

Juvie Member
Maybe you caught him in the act of doing something bad and you frightened him... hehehe. "What are you doing here?! I was just about to poop!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom