Female digging at slate floor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, I have a female 18 month old beardie who I just noticed is digging at her slate floor in her cage. Could this mean she is getting ready to lay eggs?! Is there anything special I should do? I have read some posting that some females have died from egg laying/impaction? She is my 7 year old's who loves her so much, I do not want to lose her.

midmichicer

Gray-bearded Member
Yes, she is probably going to lay. Give her a dig box with some moist sand. She will burrow herself in there and dispose of the eggs.

jberntsenr

Original Poster
Ok...what kind of sand and dimensions of dig box? Please:) Anything else I should do for her and how often do they do this?

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
I'm not an expert by any means, but would it be better to use pete moss in the dig box rather than moist sand?

-Kaleen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom