Female Beardie laying eggs? HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

beves

Just wondering what the usual clutch size is for first time 2 year old beardie mom?.....also how long should it take for her to lay all her eggs?
I am new to all this, I have only had my beardies for about 6 months. help would be greatly appreciated.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you have your female housed with a male, or another female, or is she housed alone?
So, she is around 2 years old then?
The average clutch size is anywhere from 18-30 eggs. If there are no problems, she should lay all of the eggs all at once, though, it does occur where they don't lay them all at the same time which can be stressful on them.
Has she stopped eating yet?
Be sure to give her extra calcium & fluids right now.

Tracie

beves

Original Poster
she is with a male. she is actually laying more eggs as we speak.
both the male and female have very picky, sporadic appetites,but have been eating normally and look very healthy.
there names are agatha and atticus.

beves

Original Poster
one other question.
do they need to be put into a seperate container immediately after she is done laying?

nesta's mommy

Sub-Adult Member
i'm not experienced with breeding but i would think they should be separated... i would get another opinion though...

how's your momma?

Tatty

Juvie Member
My Tatty just finished laying her first clutch on Sunday. She laid 22 eggs and they were all fertile because she had been with Cooper. I put Tatty in a 40 gallon tank by herself with substrate and she laid them all within an hours time after arranging substrate for half a day. I took the eggs out immediately before she covered them, but she still went through the psychological task of covering them. I allowed her to tire of this, then I put her back in her regular enclosure with her mother Popcorn. Popcorn is 3 and Tatty is 1.5 years. They are both big girls. I allowed Tatty to soak in some warm water and offered her fruit juice drinks. I also fed her some reptile appetite stimulant which is loaded with calories and just babied her. Now she is all relaxed and happy. Her 22 eggs are in the incubator. If the eggs are fertile they will have a little pink spot with a little pinkish cast on top when they are candled. They must never be turned and kept in a chick incubator in sterile substrate at about 84 degrees for 60 to 75 days. It is also important to give them calcium supplementation after laying to help build their system back up. They lose a lot of weight and fat stores when they do this so you need to give them high calorie nutritious foods. They can lay eggs several times per year. Females will also lay eggs whether they are with a male or not. If they aren't with a male, the eggs of course will be infertile. I have delivered several "beardie clutches" with no problems, so feel free to contact me.

Janice E. "Tatty" :p

beves

Original Poster
agatha is doing very well.gave her calc supplements and liquids.unfortunately do not have a seperate spot for the eggs until i can get extra heat lamp,
so have kept them in same tank as mom.
not sure if i am going to be able to get things set up in time for the eggs to survive.

beves

Original Poster
can anyone suggest a quick setup for an incubator,i need to get the eggs out of the tank, i am afraid that she will walk on or try to eat them.
i do have them seperated from her but there is only so much room in the tank.

zebedeepink

Sub-Adult Member
You can make one using a polybox I think there are instructions somewhere- I have never incubated eggs before but I would suggest checking on the breeding page. I know you need high humidity and constant temps - Good luck

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
I would seriously consider seperating your male and female.
They could over-breed which will put serious stress on your female which will affect her health.
Ideally dragons should never be housed together, and if they are housed for mating the male would be removed after the dirty deed was done.

Do keep an eye on your female. It is possible, though not probable, that your girl can "double-clutch" and lay even more eggs in the coming week or so.
My girl did this a week ago.

Im sure you will find incubation tips in the Breeding Forums.

Good luck with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom