FEEDING

Status
Not open for further replies.

jroc2015

Hello everyone,
I have just pre-made my beardies food for the week. I bought a bunch of collard green last week and he didn't touch any of it. Can anyone suggest to me another good staple green that he would like... I find he likes things with texture and things that are yellow. I tend to change up his salad week to week since I've had him (roughly 4 weeks) because I've just been testing out what things he likes/doesnt like. I've come to the conclusion that he enjoys these things (listed below)... If anyone has any suggestions please comment. also... I would rather hear from you what kinds of things you give your dragon than a link to a website saying what things they can/cannot eat - THANK YOU :) :)

His salad this week consists of...
-A little bit of collard green
-Kale
-Cilantro
-Carrot shredded
-Yellow bell peppers
-Squash
-Pineapple
-Cucumber

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. If he's you he probably won't take to salads for a while. Just keep offering it everyday. Here is a sitemost of us use that give a colored coded chart beautifuldragons.com.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
As was mentioned, it's not unusual for young ones to ignore salads in favor of bugs because they need protein to support fast growth. Just keep offering the salads so he know's it's available as a food source and he'll eventually switch to it. If he likes yellow, try using yellow squash cut up into worm shapes. That has worked really well for me. Dark greens such as collard, turnip, mustard, and dandelion are all good bases for salads. The full URL for the feeding chart we use is here http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom