feeding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

am hoping someone can help, it is just curiosity more than anything else, how long after feeding should i wait before switching shadows light off ? I dont know whether switching them off too quickly can lead to impaction or other wise.

Any help greatly appreciated

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
2 hours after feeding seems to be the most recommended. I typically try to make it 2.5 if I can :wink:

Wait 1 hour??? Def good to know i usually feed them 10 mins after cause the lights go on right before i go to work.... Will it hurt them by me feeding them so fast?

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
What do you feed? I don't think that feeding them early will really hurt them. I think the hour wait is mainly for them to warm up, but they spend the entire day basking anyways. My dragon is normally hungry 20-30 minutes after lights on. Can you turn on his lights when you wake up, and then feed right before you leave?

I have been feeding them just crickets but i bought mealworms yesterday but now EVERYONE on here is saying not to do mealworms unless i have too... N im a lazy person so i get up throw on clothes n all that feed the lizards n my dogs n run out the door so if i'm home for 30 mins after i get up thats a long time for me lol

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
Yeah don't do mealworms. You can try feeding a few per day as a treat, but don't use them as a staple. Your beardie needs things that are high protein to grow. Can you put your lights on timers? If your beardie is eating well and pooping every day, then I don't think dumping a bunch of crickets in there for him to eat during the day will be harmful. Just make sure to take them out at night so they don't nibble at him.

I bought timers but i have them in my room and with 3 cages 2 electrical outlets on diffrent sides of the room the cages on diffrent sides of the room and my tv n phone charger i havent figured out how i can get the lights on timers without it effecting everything else lol

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
Hm...power strip and an extension cord should do it. Sometimes the power strips come with a cord up to 20 ft. You can try to look for one of those. Just don't trip :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom