feeding sqaush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikki05

I bought some acorn and butternut squash for my beardies a few days ago. I can't wait to give them something new!

however, I don't really know how to prepare it fro them. :/

Raw or cooked? cubed? I really don't have any idea!

advice please?

Mustashio

Juvie Member
Mustashio LOVES butternut squash, but didn't care for acorn. Must be the bright orange color!! I usually just take a chunk of raw butternut squash (without the peel) and grate it up for him with a cheese grater. I keep it in a little tupperware container in the fridge and sprinkle some on his greens daily. Squash is a great staple! If you grate up a palm sized block that usually keeps in the fridge for about a week or so. I usually buy one medium sized squash and then cut off chunks and peel them as I need them. One squash usually lasts me about a month. Tashi is very partial to his butternut squash and will even dig around all the other greens to get at the orange goodies! Silly dragon!

Here's an older picture of his "vegi frenzy"!

IMG_8234.jpg

~Jill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom