feeding seems off

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicko

hey i got a beardie this past november, she's been growing great, up to about 16-18 inches!
the past week or so her eating habits have been changing. she's still pooping like a champ, she her consumption is degrading. i think she's about 9 months old now. up until about a week ago she was eating around 50 medium crickets a day and siks occasionally as well as some veggies (it's hard to get her to eat veg). but about a week ago she didnt touch her crickets for 3 days. she ate a couple pieces of mixed veg on day 3, but not much. i went and got some silks for her, she ate 4 large ones right away. then the next morning she ate about 6 crickets and that night 3 more silks. this morning i fed her a dish of crickets before i left for work, so i dont know if she's eaten them (this is how i normally feed her and they're usually eaten within 15-20 mins.)

anyone know what this is all about? i would be really worried if she wasnt pooping, but she's been leaving me one giant turd a day and it dosnt smell out of the ordinary. normally she has a HUGE appetite, but things are changing lately. i know she still has some growing to do, and i notice changes in her size almost everytime i look at her!

any help would be great, thanks alot!

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hello,

So your little girl has decided she's not too hungry anymore. There are a few things that can make them not eat. It could be your set up or she could be sick. If you just want to go over your set up someone may be able to offer advice.

What type & brand of uvb and basking bulbs are you using? What are your temps both basking and cool side?

Dawn

nicko

Original Poster
Zoomed products:
Reptisun™ 10.0 High Output UVB Bulb
Repti Therm™ Under Tank Heater
Repti Basking Spot Lamp ™ (150watts on dimmer)

tank is 42"x18"x18" with screen top and sliding doors
under the basking light i have 3 pieces of grape vine, she usually rests in a spot that hits 110 F controlled by a dimmer
under the UV i have a piece of cork board that lets her get within about 8". she rests here often as well.
over the heat pad i have a rock that stay pretty warm. whenever she eats she rests here for about an hour.
substrate is childrens play sand. sifted and dust free.
she has a water dish that's 2" deep with an 8" circumference. she dosnt drink from it, bu she sometime runs thru it. i mist her once a day as well. just can not get her to drink no matter how i try! lol
bring her out for at least a half hour of exercise every evening. and she LOVES it!
loves to run around in the open portion of her enclosure as well.
FULL of energy, chases her reflection steady! poops great! growing rapidly!

anything i missed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom