feeding seems off

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicko

hey i got a beardie this past november, she's been growing great, up to about 16-18 inches!
the past week or so her eating habits have been changing. she's still pooping like a champ, she her consumption is degrading. i think she's about 9 months old now. up until about a week ago she was eating around 50 medium crickets a day and siks occasionally as well as some veggies (it's hard to get her to eat veg). but about a week ago she didnt touch her crickets for 3 days. she ate a couple pieces of mixed veg on day 3, but not much. i went and got some silks for her, she ate 4 large ones right away. then the next morning she ate about 6 crickets and that night 3 more silks. this morning i fed her a dish of crickets before i left for work, so i dont know if she's eaten them (this is how i normally feed her and they're usually eaten within 15-20 mins.)

anyone know what this is all about? i would be really worried if she wasnt pooping, but she's been leaving me one giant turd a day and it dosnt smell out of the ordinary. normally she has a HUGE appetite, but things are changing lately. i know she still has some growing to do, and i notice changes in her size almost everytime i look at her!

any help would be great, thanks alot!

50 crickets a day! OMG what am I going to do? How do you get 5o a day?
Sorry do not know your issue I hope it gets straightened out.
Andrew

clear

Sub-Adult Member
As dragons get older and become adults they stop eating so much. As long as her weight is fine and she is still eating some I wouldnt stress to much, if you see her dropping weight thats when I would worry.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Ha well the other issue here besides the growing up part is that you beardie may just be sick of crickets all together.This happened wit Drago when he was about 9 mos old and jus this week my Phoenix decided she has had enough of the crix as well.She will gobble up anything else I put in front of her but no matter how hungry she is she wants nothing to do with the crix.So now the question is what do I do with the remaining 500crix I have left....little buggers arent they?

Just out of curiosity though have you changed anything in her viv lately?ow old is her UVB and what kind is it?

Chicotheman if you have a baby beardie then that is what they should be eating at least.Phoenix would eat over 100crix in a day not to mention the additional PW's that woukld get thrown in daily.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
vickson420":3d9ee said:
Chicotheman if you have a baby beardie then that is what they should be eating at least.Phoenix would eat over 100crix in a day not to mention the additional PW's that woukld get thrown in daily.
I caught that too !!

chicotheman...for a baby bd they should be fed crickets 3 x a day, all they can consume in a 10-15 minute period of time. The crickets should be no larger than the space between your beardies eyes. Like Vicky said that can be up to 100 crix a day :shock: . Plus you should also offer fresh veggies daily.

Those little buggers can put down some food... :lol:

Dawn

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
[Moved from General Discussion forum since it was about feeding]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom