Feeding Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallsie7550

I need help clarifying my feeding schedule. As I work different hours every day.

I will be getting my baby beardie in approximately 2 weeks and she will be 12 weeks old then.

My hours at work are : tue & wed 7am - 3:30pm
Thurs & fri 10:45am - 7:15 pm
Sat 8am - 6:15pm
And I have Sunday Mondays off

I was thinking of having my light schedule from on from 11am - 1am
And putting veges in before I go to work but that would mean lights would still be off when I put the veges in?
Then live feeding her @ 7:30pm then again @ 10:30pm before lights off at 1am

Can someone please help me decide on a schedule that will work?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
wallsie7550":2rk8rqtp said:
I need help clarifying my feeding schedule. As I work different hours every day.

I will be getting my baby beardie in approximately 2 weeks and she will be 12 weeks old then.

My hours at work are : tue & wed 7am - 3:30pm
Thurs & fri 10:45am - 7:15 pm
Sat 8am - 6:15pm
And I have Sunday Mondays off

I was thinking of having my light schedule from on from 11am - 1am <<< I don't think this will work (she'll not cope with a massive change in her sleep rhythm and it'll really stress her), I suggest lights on 6am , off 10pm , I use this and I know it works.

At 12 wks old (3 months) she will still need a MINIMUM of TWO LIVE INSECT MEALS PER DAY. THREE ARE BETTER if manageable.

I'd be giving her BSF maggots in the morning - first thing before you do anything and these can be left in a bowl all day til you get home , she'll pick at these during the day.
Then some crickets or roaches or locusts or silkworms (or mix of these) in the afternoon or about diner time if this works well everyday , when you get home. So long as she gets about 2 hrs after her last insect meal to bask and digest the food before her lights and heat are turned off.

Leave greens with the second feed.

And putting veges in before I go to work but that would mean lights would still be off when I put the veges in? <<<< more important at such a young age to get as much high quality live insect protein and dietary calcium as she will eat .... I wouldn't restrict her bug intake.... if she fills up on salad stuff she will not be getting necessary protein.
Then live feeding her @ 7:30pm then again @ 10:30pm before lights off at 1am

Can someone please help me decide on a schedule that will work?

VERY important to have a predictable daily routine for a lizard.... else she''ll be stressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixxie
Top Bottom