Feeding Schedule....

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNyan

So I am getting my beardie soon (May 4th! :blob5: ) And I realized that I need a feeding schedule. I am planning on a timer cutting on the lights at 6:00 and feeding at 7. (In the morning) But I am doing Tennis now, and marching band in August, and I won't be getting until 5:15-5:30 that evening. I was thinking leaving the assorted greens, and if I can find a Dubai-escapable bowl (?) in when I leave the house. I just don't want to leave the poor thing starving until 5:30.

So,
7:00am - Dubai and new greens
Then at 7:30 - Add more Dubai until I get home
AT 5:30 - Feed again
Now do I need to feed again before bedtime?

I'm just a little confused on this, I want to make sure I'm feeding my scaly friend enough. Thanks!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Are you planning on getting an adult or a baby dragon?

Babies and juvies need to be offered live food 2-3 times per day, where as with an adult, offering once a day is fine.
How your current schedule is set up, its better suited for an adult than a baby.

-Brrandon

iNyan

Original Poster
I'm planning on getting a dragon around 1 year old or so, maybe 2. So if I do get an older beardie, I could feed it live in the morning and be okay?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yes, that would work.

I personally like to offer salad right in the morning, then later in the afternoon offer the bugs and refill the salad.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livsxx
Top Bottom