Feeding schdule???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meadow is stil stressed from the move and will only eat a few critckets a day. I know that adults only eat critckets a few times a week. Do you put them on a feeding schedule? Say like every mon, wed, sat? OR just offer them ever few days?
The juvinelle we have (he's 9 months ish) we offer them everyday, not that he always eats them.

thanks,

Kacymyree

Juvie Member
I feed my adult dragon Pancake a salad or two every day. Some days she will finish all of her salad and so i give her more. every other day i offer her live food, whether it be dubia or crickets. The juvies (5 and 10 months) are offered crickets or dubia every day. the 5 month old will usually eat between 40 and 60 crickets a day along with a salad.the 10 month old will usually eat about 35 crickets a day and sometimes his salad.

meadowsmommy

Original Poster
My Juvie will only eat crixs once a day and sometimes eat 10..sometimes eats 20 or more, sometimes eats none. I just let him eay untillhe loses interest. He's also really lazy an wont chase the crox's. He waits for them to come to him LOL. Just let them eat untill they lose interest .

Why do you not want to leave crix in the cage with him. I notice almost every pet store does, and the house is empty for most of the day.

Kacymyree

Juvie Member
DRMiller21":32ft125c said:
Why do you not want to leave crix in the cage with him. I notice almost every pet store does, and the house is empty for most of the day.

The crickets will chow down on your baby beardie, check out the web, there are so nasty pictures of what those little crickets can do. Babies need a feeding schedule.the should have 3 ten minute feeding sessions a day where in that 10 minute period that are allowed to eat as many crickets as the want. This should be done OUTSIDE the viv.

Pet stores leave the crickets in there because #1 they don't know how to care for reptile, and #2 it's easier for them-- they're lazy haha. don't trust anything you see or hear from a pet store. :D

meadowsmommy

Original Poster
I hand feed my beardies, or I count how many i put in, and in an hour when they seem to be full, i take the left over out. Never Never leave them in over night, they will bite yoru bearide!!!

Three days later, HE FINALLY ATE. Not much but i feel better now. He will NOT eat out of my hand. He does enjoy hunting them out in his viv tho. I'm dusting everything i give to him at this point until i can get him on a more regular feeding schedule.

Kacymyree

Juvie Member
I actually try not to hand feed because some bearded dragons get spoiled and don't want to eat on their own anymore haha. Some will refuse to eat unless you hand feed once you start, i find it a bad habit. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom