Feeding Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chyt0wn1

I've been reading on this site for a couple days. I have seen ppl on other sites feed there dragon's pinkies, I know that they are just fat bascially, I started thinking what else could I feed my dragon? Question is can you feed them gold fish like u would a snake. In Florida they are the same price as crickets. I've also seen ppl feed them anloe's. Those are everywhere down here but I stay away from outside creatures...lol Any ideas on other things you can feed them?

LQDragons

Juvie Member
I have read that gold fish could have a high parasite level, would be best to stay away from using them as feeders. As far as what other feeders, roaches, silkworms, wax worms, super worms ( as long as beardie is big enough ) are all good staple feeders

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
I don't know how big your beardie is, but do keep in mind that whatever you feed them must be no bigger than the space between their eyes.I too live in Florida where we have an abundance of insects and little outside critters. Please don't feed those to your beardie. You don't know if they've come in contact with any pesticides or fertilizers(which are harmful to your beardie). It's best to stick with the crickets,worms etc. that you get from a petstore or farm online. Those insects are bred for that purpose. I know some people feed their bd's pinkies, I personally(in my opinion)don't reccomend it.

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
There's a debate about pinkies - many say they're an outdated practice while other beleive they can have a place in a balanced dragon diet (but only when used no more than 1 every two weeks, and other protein sources being adjusted accordingly). I choose not to use pinkies because they do pose a risk to my dragon and they're unnecessary.

Goldfish are a bad idea because they can carry various sorts of nasty parasites and bugs and their bones pose a problem. Same thing goes for anoles.

For dragons, safe live foods include crickets, roaches (captive bred specifically as feeders), silk worms, butter worms, super worms, horn worms and pheonix worms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom