Feeding question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwilusz

How many phoenix worms do you guys feed your dragon? Mines a juvenile dragon and seems to go through crickets like wild fire. I 48 crickets once and he hate the majority on day one. I can't seem to keep them in the house lol. So I figure I would get the try me cup of worms and see if he will eat that and if so mix up the diet between those and crickets.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's a good idea to mix in a variety of bugs either way. There is a span during their growth when they can really just eat you out of house and home. It's best to buy crickets in bulk at this point (I'd go through 1,000 or so per month). The Phoenix Worms are good for them too but they are expensive so during a big growth spurt it's probably best (in terms of cost) to use them as an auxiliary food and focus on getting a primary feeder bug in bulk.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
A distributor? I've used premiumcrickets/georgiacrickets and had good experiences. Armstrong crickets is also spoken of highly. For worms I've ordered from Linda's gone buggie. Great Lakes Hornworm and Mulberry Farms are also well regarded. I ordered my dubia roaches from ABDragons and started a colony with them.

jwilusz

Original Poster
The sad thing is that I only feed him twice a day. Bout 8AM and then again at around 5pm. Of course he has his salad that he picks at. I tried feeding him three times a day but during lunch he really wouldn't eat but one or two of them. I'm thinking crickets for breakfast and dinner and phoenix worms for lunch.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That'll work. I used to feed Cooper twice daily (before and after work) when he was a baby and it was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chriziz
Top Bottom