Feeding Question..

Status
Not open for further replies.

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
I'm wondering if this is typical or normal as this is my first uro. He's pretty sneaky about eating his veggies, sometimes I catch him eating and as soon as he notices I'm watching he stops eating, is this normal? Also he seems to eat more of his bird seed that's his substrate than he does his salads. Is this pretty typical, or do I need to be concerned? I know he's eating, but it's no where near the amount my beardies consume.. He's pooping, basking, exploring, and active so I'm not really worried...yet!

-Kaleen

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Kaleen,

What does his salad consist of?

Its not abnormal for them to be skittish about eating. They are just skittish in general until they get used to you.

All in all you shouldn't be worried about it. If at least some of the salad is being ate, then all is good.

-Brandon

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
His salads consist of dark leafy greens with alternating schedules of mixed veggies and edible flowers. Every day it's dusted with calcium and the next day dusted with veggie dust and so on and so forth. Doug is still pooping regularly, basking, exploring, and he's always alert, so I think he doesn't like to be watched while he eats. I know I don't like it, so I can't blame him. My main concern was he eats no where near the amount of food my beardies eat, but I'm not going to worry because he seems just fine. I do have another question if you wouldn't mind answering it. I have his lights on a 12hr cycle. Well he gets wakes up shortly after they come on and he's not a skittish Uro, meaning he's only in his cave when he's cooling down or sleeping. He doesn't mind when I pet him or pick him up, and if he's on the other side of his enclosure and I sit on the couch next to the enclosure opposite the side he's on he'll walk over to where I am and lay right next to me and just chill. Anyway my question is he goes to bed hours before lights out. Is this normal? I mean 3-4 hours before lights out.. Like I said everything else is fine, is he just lazy?

-Kaleen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom