feeding question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

btrineer

Hi,

I have a 4 month old beardie and she eats 15-20 large crickets a day and a small amount of spring mix greens. I have tried dandelions, squash, carrots, and other veggies, but she prefers to eat her crickets and snack on the spring mix at night when the light is off. This this ok? I dust the crickets 4 times a week with calcium and 2 x a week with multi vits. I havent given her a bath yet, but a spray the inclosure with water bottle and she loves to lick at the water. Is this ok or do I need to be doing something else? She poops everyday a large amount.

Thanks for any help you can offer

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
she prefers to eat her crickets and snack on the spring mix at night when the light is off. This this ok?
Actuallly a beardie should have about 1 to 1-1/2 hours of basking time after every meal never should you allow them to eat within less than that of lights out. The food will not digest and will sit in belly until next day when they warm up again...this could cause problems. I suggest removing the salad about an hour before lights out.
I havent given her a bath yet, but a spray the inclosure with water bottle and she loves to lick at the water. Is this ok or do I need to be doing something else? She poops everyday a large amount
I perfer bathing them for hydration rather than spraying the enclosure because it can raise the humidity and cause URI. You can use the sink or a small plastic tub with warm water up to your beardies armpits. You can also offer water by dripping it off their nose.

I bath mine daily so those stinky poops are in the water not their viv's. Win Win! :)

btrineer

Original Poster
Thanks for you help, Ill try to feed the veggie in the morning and see if that helps!

btrineer

Original Poster
Thanks, for your suggestion. Where I buy the crickets the small are tiny maybe 1/4 of an inch and the Large are a bit smaller than her head. I did give her wax worms last night in her salad ans she loved it. I did the bath, she wasn't very excited about it. I guess it a little getting use to. I measured her last night and she is now 11 inches head to tail. As soon as I get my camera charged Il post a few pictures.

Thanks

btrineer

Original Poster
Gave Dragonlie a bath again last night. It went better, I made the water a little warmer than last time and I think she liked it because she went to the bathroom in it. LOL When I put her back she seems to be running at me to pick her up, but when I have her she wants back in her cage. I gave her, greens with mango, bell peper, squash and wax worms, loved it the first day, but not any more. Ill keep trying. She LOVES her crickets though. I am going to try and find some medium crickets today. Every time a buy them at least 20 die in a week. I feel like a just donate my money to the dead cricket fund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom