Feeding my new baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I just got a new baby!!! I'm really nervous though and I've read a lot of conflicting things about feeding... How do you recommend feeding a baby and like how and when should I give him the calcium supplement? Just so y'all know this is my first time owning a beardie!!!!! I would love any help anyone can give me!

Vodevil

Congrats!

Since he is a baby I would recommend offering him crickets 2-3 times a day and letting him eat as much as he wants in 10-15 minutes. Make sure the cricks aren't any bigger than the space between his eyes to avoid impaction/digestion issues. You should also offer him a salad daily of collard greens, mustard greens, bok choi greens and/or other beardie friendly veggies. There is a good website on here that has a detailed list of what is okay and what is not. He might not be too interested in them when he is young but it's good to have out anyways so that they get used to it and have a nibble here and there. They will continually eat more greens as they get older but if you're lucky yours might eat a lot of them right off the bat.

When it comes to the calcium just read the instructions on the bottle because different brands have different dosages. You will also want to provide a multivitamin like herptivite once or twice a week as well.

Also, when feeding at night, make sure you do it at least 2 hours before lights out so he has time to digest in the heat.

Ashgrove13

Original Poster
Okay thank you so much this helps a lot!!! Just so I have an idea, about how many crickets will he eat each day? Oh and also( because I'm super happy about him!!) his name is Leonardo Da Vinci! <3

Vodevil

The number of crickets really varies day to day and beardie to beardie so it's best to just let him eat as many as he wants in a 10-15 minute time period, 2-3 times a day, of appropriately sized crickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EternalAzhrei
Top Bottom