Feeding my 8-9 month old beardie - Having issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molson

Hey all. Posted this a while back in the feeding section, but didn't get any attention. Hopefully this is okay and someone has a similar experience.

So my beardie is 8-9 m/o, ~20 inches long, has proper lighting and temps and all that jazz, bath every few days, regular and fine poops, good fecal done a couple months ago, seems perfectly healthy.

But she doesn't want to eat any veggies and recently went on a hunger strike for a few days, before I gave in and started feeding her several superworms a day. She loves the superworms and will run across the tank to get them, but is interested by nothing else.

I offer a varied salad each day, usually some mixture of collard greens, a type of squash, endive, and sometimes the odd berry. Not interested by anything. I've tried feeding the worms in with the salad, but she just waits for the worm to poke out of the salad so she can avoid it. When she was 3-5 months old or so she would eat collard greens every day on her own, but now even hand feeding doesn't spark any interest.

So what should I do? Keep feeding several superworms a day and try to offer salad? Provide only salad every day until she gets hungry enough to eat it? Go back to the vet for another check-up? I'm running out of ideas :( Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Molson....I think she is big enough for some " tough love " Just offer salads with a variety of things mixed including colorful berries. Put it on a flat plate so it's in good view wherever she is in the tank. She should get hungry enough after 4-5 days. If she doesn't touch any within a week, give her the supers, but pop some greens in her mouth while she's chewing on those. Sometimes this type of routine will work. :) Then try the tough love again after she's had a day where she had the worms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom