feeding in their ViV

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have been feeding them in a large plastic bowl. The big guy eat in the bowl like a champ the little one not so much. today the little one did not eat in the bowl. when I put him back in his viv a small moth flew in with him He chased it all over the viv tell he caught it. So i said hmm. dropped a few dubia's in with him and sure enough he plowed them down. I know you should not feed them in his viv but its were he wants to eat. I would rather feed them in the bowl as I can put the left overs back and not waste any Dubias.

I stated on the 4x2x2 yesterday and should have one done next week then I plan on using the 20g as his feeding spot. anyone have a BD that does not like to eat out of his viv?

EmJagsz

Juvie Member
As long as you don't have sand or any loose substrate in his tank, I personally think it's perfectly fine to feed beardies in their vivs. When my beardie was small enough, I used to feed them in a seperate container but placed the container in their vivs. That way they'd be in their houses but the crix would be contained. Now that my beardie has outgrown that container I place the crix in a small bowl and offer it to him like that while he's in his viv. I've never bothered trying to feed him outside his viv except for when I fed him superworms because he'll eat those anytime anywhere! There are also times when he won't eat the crix out the bowl so I toss a few in his viv infront of him a few at a time and he will chase them and eat them. I use tile substrate so I know it's okay for him. As long as he's eating.

JeffSimpson

Juvie Member
This is the exact reason that I designed my viv with a recessed area to allow feeding in the viv. It seemed that they would be more comfortable feeding in a familiar area, rather then being moved to a strange new place. It would make sense that the little one ate better in the viv. As long as you don't have any loose substrate, it should be fine to feed him in the viv.

squirell

Hatchling Member
Mine is only 3 months and absolutely refuses to eat outside his tank. I put him in a bin with 20 crix and he just sits there and lets them jump all over him. I put him back in his cage and start pouring them in and I swear he ate 5-10 before they even hit the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom