Feeding Frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, so I just adopted 2 beardies I was told they're roughly 2yrs old. How would the percentage of bugs to greens change, and whats the frequency needed to feed them? I'm familiar with babies, but I didn't know if I needed to alternate food days, or what to do. Thanks!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
First off I hope you have those dragons in separate tanks--------------- dragons should never be housed together ---- adult dragons should be fed 80 % fresh greens 20 % insects like dubias crickets BSFL or silk worms--- the best to me are the dubia roaches they are easier to keep in a 10 gallon aquarium feed dubia food and carrots for hydration or other things your feeding your dragons like squash etc -- -- here is a website for nutrition
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Salads should be fed every day w/ insects 2-3 times per week
Karrie

DizzyWizard

Original Poster
They're both females from the same clutch. They have never been separated as of yet, so, for now, they are housed together while I finish up my other enclosure. Thanks for the link!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What insects do you have available or plan on feeding?

Adults should mainly be eating salads. Typically I do a big salad every day, and an insect meal 2 or 3 times a week for my adults.

-Brandon

DizzyWizard

Original Poster
I bought crickets yesterday, and ordered about 600 dubia. Later today im picking up greens, squash and etc for today.

DizzyWizard

Original Poster
Yea I figured, but I didn't know the percentage. Also what do you think about moving my other beardie to that 20gal until the vet? (Regarding my health post)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't worry about percentage. how are you ever gonna know? Is it percentage based on volume of food? Based on weight of food? Its unnecessary.

A big salad every day and an insect meal 2 or 3 times a week is what I've been doing for many years now with good success :)

The 20g might be a bit small for an adult, even as a temp.
You can go to a big box store and pick up a decent sized plastic tote (like what people use for storage) for pretty cheap. That will give him more room than the 20g will for pretty cheap. You'll just need to buy another uv setup and heat setup.

But I do think you should separate until the issue clears up. Just incase it is fungal, you dont want it to spread to the other dragon.
Sorry I guess I forgot to respond to your health thread.

-Brandon

DizzyWizard

Original Poster
No it's fine. I have an xl blue storage tote she can go in for now. Just gotta make sure the temps are right and etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom