Feeding Fiona and Galileo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkestfallen

Beardie name(s)
darkestfallen
So I am having issues with the feeding of Fiona and Galileo. I got them a little over two weeks ago. They love their small crickets, I have been having issues finding worms locally. They are both babys So I worry about superworms. I have not found any dubia in my local area either. I have bought Butternut Squash, Collard Green, Sweet Potatoe, Papaya and Mango. I had startted byy offering them carrots and greens, but foubd carrots are not that great. I use a food processor to get the pieces small enough. I offer two different types of fruit/veggie every day and they don't seem interested at all in their salads. They seem happpy and healthy but I want to make sure I am doing all I can. Any suggestions or information would be very much appreciated.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
You can order Dubias online. If it was me, I would order 1000 nymphs and, having 2 dragons you need to start a large colony of them to keep you supplied. Just remember that for every male, get 3 females and, it will take at least three months for the colony to get to the supply stage. Dubias are 4x more nutritious than crickets and, are less likely to carry parasites.
BSFL and, silkworms are the only worms that I would feed a small (Baby or Juvie). Waxworms are fatty with little to no nutritional value (and are like crack cocaine to dragons), mealworms and superworms are a no-no because of the impaction risk because of their hard exoskeletons.

Darkestfallen

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
darkestfallen
Gormagon":bfg20hd9 said:
You can order Dubias online. If it was me, I would order 1000 nymphs and, having 2 dragons you need to start a large colony of them to keep you supplied. Just remember that for every male, get 3 females and, it will take at least three months for the colony to get to the supply stage. Dubias are 4x more nutritious than crickets and, are less likely to carry parasites.
BSFL and, silkworms are the only worms that I would feed a small (Baby or Juvie). Waxworms are fatty with little to no nutritional value (and are like crack cocaine to dragons), mealworms and superworms are a no-no because of the impaction risk because of their hard exoskeletons.

Thank you for the information. Are Dubias immune to cold? It is -12 degrees outside. If they get delivered when I am not home will they die off? That was my concern with the Horn Worms as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom