Feeding bowl size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Picklepies

Hatchling Member
Hey all I wondered if I could get some general food bowl advice? I feed my beardies roaches, Bsfl, and locusts but I've been finding the Bsfl and roaches over the tank, suggesting they can get out the bowl. Before ordering a new bowl does anyone have any ideas on height?
Right now they have porcelain 5" bowls, and the roaches range from medium to large in my adults tank xx

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
I think the bowls I use are 2" deep but they can always boost each other out. Maybe get 3" deep bowl. I put bsfl in a shallow dish. If they are not thoroughly dry they will get out.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
89300-6009156587.jpg
I use these corner bowls from Petsmart.

They hold small/medium roaches really well assuming you don't put in too many to boost each other out. BSFL I always hand feed... maybe I should try them in there...

Not sure of the dimensions of the dish, and the photo attached is old but the dragon is about 3-4 months old in the photo and around 10" at the time

I use one of those corner bowls for Bilbo's salads as well. To feed her crickets I have a litter box that I bought awhile back but never used (Due to getting her instead of a cat) the bugs don't escape and she is able to walk around and hunt for them. I think it gets her natural hunting instinct out.

Picklepies

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oo thank you, those all look and sound awesome! I've got a contour bowl but it may not be deep enough as the side sill get out, ill look into cat litter trays, that's an idea I've never thought of! X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom