Feeding baby dragon freeze dried crickets...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been feeding my dragon live crickets ever since I got him. A couple of days ago, I found some dead crickets from the bunch I bought and fed him those. He ate them with no problem. I was wondering if I could replace live crickets with freeze dried crickets since he eats dead ones as well. All suggestions and opinions will help. Thanks.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. No do not feed them those canned crick crap. There is no nutritional value. Babies need live feeders.

bobbycarp

Hatchling Member
destiny1998":2n1dah2u said:
Hi. No do not feed them those canned crick crap. There is no nutritional value. Babies need live feeders.

Canned crickets are equal or better.

{Inappropriate comment removed by moderator}

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Nothing can replace live feeders, they are cheaper, fresher, healthier, and it just seems wrong feeding your dragon insects from a can.

-Brandon

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
To the OP, feeding your beardie crickets that have died is not a good idea because they died for a reason so if they were sick, it's taking an awful chance feeding them to your beardie.

Regarding canned crickets, you don't know if they were dead before they were canned or not. Again, if they were dead, they were not healthy. Plus, there are chemicals and preservatives in the canned crickets so they are not a good idea to feed. They are also not uniform in size so would be easy to feed ones that are too big.
It's important for beardies to "hunt and chase" live feeders, certainly can't do that with canned crickets.

unkempt1

Juvie Member
OhSleeper117":seqeeydf said:
Alright, thanks for your guys' opinions. Guess I will stick with live feeders.

Even though its not as convenient and can be a huge pain at times, it really is the best thing for your dragon. :D If it means anything, when they get older they eat less of them. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom