Feeding as an adult

Status
Not open for further replies.

zarrianna

I have a 4-5 month old beardie.Lately hes been eating about 25 crix a day or a bit more and he has vegies once daily and eats a few.Plz tell me if theres something wrong about this.I just got him 3 weeks ago so hes might still be adjusting too.I want to know how many crix and other worms and veggies he should eat wen he is older.Thx lots for readin and plz reply. :)

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
At his age, he really should be offered live feeders twice daily (some say 3). Let him have as many appropriately-sized live feeders during each feeding (some say up to 50, but they rarely eat more than that). Be sure to offer him fresh veg right now, but don't be surprised if he isn't too interested in them, ATM. It's good that he is eating them a bit, though!

Feed him as many protein feeders as he wants twice a day until he is an adult. By the time he reaches adulthood, he will start eating a lot more veg, and as he eats more veg, lower his protein intake to about 20% (about 50-60 cix a week, or 20-30 larger feeders, like dubias or supers). Be sure to offer a large variety of salad and give him as much as he wants then, twice a day, to ensure the veggies are nice and fresh and full of moisture!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom