feeding amounts for a young beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

qhgirl1

I'm planning on getting my first beardie in a couple months. I'm trying to get everything planned out before hand and I had some questions about the food. I know its said to let them eat until they are full but if someone could give me an estimate of what that might be it would be appreciated. Crickets are the only things that can be bought locally so I will have order most of my other food for it. If you could give me amounts and the sizes being fed at those amounts for crickets, pheonix worms, butter worms, and dubia. And if you have any others throw those in there too! Thank you!

peera

Sub-Adult Member
I only feed my youngest crickets because it's cheapest and easiest for me right now. You should go into owning a baby assuming they'll want to eat 50+ crickets a day. Smaller than the space between their eyes. I've found they actually like the size smaller than they can eat (So if the gap between their eyes is 1/2", feed them 1/4-3/8"ths. If you're getting a very young baby, you may need to start with pinheads.).

ScooterBlenny

Hatchling Member
Babies are crazy expensive to feed. My 5-month-old easily puts away 50-100 crickets, 30 phoenix worms, and her salad each day. Even if you can buy crickets locally, it may be cheaper for you to order them in bulk. Crickets usually cost 8 to 10 cents each in a pet store, while I pay less than 2 cents each online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SilverSelene
Top Bottom