Feeding a 7 month old dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I have a beardie that was born on Jan. 1st 2017 she is currently 7 months old and is about 11-13 inches long. I was wondering if this is around the age that I start feeding her more vegetables and less crickets or do I continue to supply her with a salad and crickets twice a day? Since I am a younger teen jobs with a beneficial amount of cash are hard to find so I usually just babysit. With my low cash intake in mind it's hard for me to keep up with the expense of crickets but I manage to make do even if it means having to owe my parents. If you guys could tell me when her diet becomes mostly greens I would really appreciate it. Or maybe you could supply info on how much I should feed her as she grows. Also what is the amount of crixs should she get per feeding and I have her on a calcium and d3 powder does she need any other supplement? Thanks in advance for the help. :)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I go from three feeds of live insects per day to two feeds of live insects per day and upsize the insects at about 6 months old.
I offer greens daily from the getgo.

A 7 month old hatchling/juvenile is still in fast growth & development mode and needs lots of high quality insect protein and fats (they mobilize vitamins such as VitD3) and not so much veg and greens.

Is cheaper long term to buy the insects in bulk by mailorder than in small batches from petshops.

You can , if you are patient and organized , breed your own crickets or roaches or silkworms.

You might find these helpful :
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutritionframeset.html
and get some hints from
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=221328&start=255
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=234738&p=1806050#p1806050
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=234999&p=1807834#p1807834

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom