feeder problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

scubasteve25

Juvie Member
ok, so i have a roach colony that i am trying to leave alone for a while. we bought 1000 small nymphs 7 days ago, with dinner tonight azreal has eaten them all.... 1000 roaches in 7 days, allie was never a pig like this. so what do you guys recomend as the most cost effective solution to this issue. we can keep ordering 1k at a time, but thats gonna murder us money wise

scubasteve25

Juvie Member
Original Poster
i got adults, plenty of them, im just trying to let the colony establish. theres at least a few hundred adults in the bin right now, and a few hundred babies, just cant feed out of it yet. i need something my baby can eat now while the colony does it's thing

MrWhite

Sub-Adult Member
how big is your dragon? eating 1000 in a week sounds like you are feeding your dragon roaches that are too small. I've been feeding my babies nymphs that are about 1/2 inch long. My babies are about 7" long now. Each baby ate about 15 or so roaches.

MrWhite

Sub-Adult Member
soo, if you are using 4000 roaches a month, you'll probably need a minimum 200 adult females and 40 males to produce that many. thats roughly 25 babies per month per female. The overage assumes that not all females will produce babies, and you'll need to let some of the nymphs grow to adults to replace the old age die off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom