Feeder Help! = Feeder Crickets OR Feeder Roaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfbeam

Hello,

I have Feeder crickets that I feed to My bearded dragon! They stink, Alot! Wondering if I Should keep with crickets or switch to roaches! If roaches, What Kind! I would like ones that dont fly, dont make noises, & Cant climb the enclosure walls! And Also There Care!

Any Help Will Do!

Thanks,

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Dubia roaches are excellent feeders. They don't smell or jump and they live a lot longer than crickets.

Dubia don't jump, bite, chirp, or stink. You can start a colony and breed them yourself, saving a lot of money in the long run.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Dubia are a great easy to breed and care for prey item. If you live I. Florida or Canada you'll need another option though.

Other roaches are available but may not be as user friendly as dubia. There's lots of care sheet suit there and roaches are ... Roaches after all - quite easy to keep.

Turkestan/red runner - fast moving and maybe able to breed in a home environment, can't climb glass
Lobster - can clim glass/plastic
Discoid - an option for folks in Florida, don't climb or fly

Keep in mind variety is a good thing, if you switch your primary insect to roaches, crickets and larvae are still good to offer in the diet to help round things out.

Surfbeam

Original Poster
Taterbug":21lims93 said:
Dubia are a great easy to breed and care for prey item. If you live I. Florida or Canada you'll need another option though.

Other roaches are available but may not be as user friendly as dubia. There's lots of care sheet suit there and roaches are ... Roaches after all - quite easy to keep.

Turkestan/red runner - fast moving and maybe able to breed in a home environment, can't climb glass
Lobster - can clim glass/plastic
Discoid - an option for folks in Florida, don't climb or fly

Keep in mind variety is a good thing, if you switch your primary insect to roaches, crickets and larvae are still good to offer in the diet to help round things out.

I live in Saskatchewan, Canada! Why does it matter

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
BabySkales":3flyxggu said:
Surfbeam":3flyxggu said:
I live in Saskatchewan, Canada! Why does it matter
you cant get dubia sent to Canada.. i dont think your allowed to have em there.

Tropical roaches are illegal (I'm guessing invasive species laws) in Canada, as far as I know. I don't think US sellers will ship them there and I doubt you'll find any commercial vendors selling them.

I think there is a black market for them, but it's important to be aware of the laws in your area/country when it comes to exotics. I don't know what the fines/penalties are for them.

There is a sticky that may have more info for you: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=156695

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trishreyhui
Top Bottom