Fecal Test Needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

annieoakley123

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I dont think it is. It has soft wood on it. It sucks though cause my boyfriend spent $ on it, and those things arnt cheap. Once i find something else i will take it out and clean the Sh*t outa it!, literally. hehehe.

I think my bearded dragon still has some parasite because he is so lethargic. He was tested and they said he had both pinworms and coccidia and I gave the medicine and did two doses of the probiotic and still he is lethargic and dark. I have heard that cleaning their cages really well is almost more important than the medication. Good luck in the treatment, I know its hard work. We got rid of our driftwood basking log as well and replaced it with a manmade one with not as many nooks and crannies. Its really easy to wash.
Keep us updated.

Jennifer

annieoakley123

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Things that he does not poop on should i be worried about keep them in there? I have a basking log and a vine (see in the picture). I really like the vine but he does not poop on it, just the log. Oh i hope my baby will take the meds well. :-(

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
This is really making me think... my beardie hasn't been eating either; I assumed it was due to brumation.... but now I think I'm taking in a fecal sample to be sure.

annieoakley123

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thats why i did it. i didnt think i needed to but to be on safe side, i did. And all hell broke loose! With the exam, test, 2 meds came out to $92.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Not bad, considering I've spent $200 on my snake's RI treatment in the past month. Anything for the kids, though. :D

annieoakley123

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well he is looking better, not sure how the meds are effecting his appetite. He is holding himself up, and i could tell his digestive system is pushing all that nasty stuff out by his poops he is leaving me. I decided im just going to get some tiles and stack them up for his basking area and take out the log.

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
annieoakley123":febdf said:
Things that he does not poop on should i be worried about keep them in there? I have a basking log and a vine (see in the picture). I really like the vine but he does not poop on it, just the log. Oh i hope my baby will take the meds well. :-(

You shouldn't have to worry about his vine. The main concern are things that he poops on and may walk through, therefore re-infecting himself. If he doesn't poop on it, then it should be safe. However that doesn't always remain the case. Sweetie-Boo (the 50% of the time she goes in her viv) will go in the same spot EVERY time. However it is located right under her basking log. If she just happens to be sitting on her log when the mood hits, then BAM! the log gets it and we have to clean log and tile. If she happens to just be on the tile, then it's just the tile that gets a scrub. One thing doesn't change though, she is a priss and does not want to be anywhere near her own stinky mess, so she retreats to the other side of the viv until one of her slaves comes and cleans up after her. She has a 125 gallon house that half of it is held captive by poo until it is cleaned :shock: . Who says dragons aren't smart. Mine certainly are :mrgreen: .

annieoakley123

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Heheheh how cute. i notice my boy doesnt touch his because when i come and get it out it is perfectly shaped and untouched....until i take it out that is. His poops are looking gross now, still solid, but i can tell that medicine is working on getting all the nasty stuff out. tomorrow ill take out his log once i get some tiles to stack up for his new basking area. Im so worried some bacteria will spread to me or this kitchen, ugh! been ive always been good about washing my hands. His head is starting to get huge, but his body is behind a bit. I think he is slowing down on his food a bit. what do you all recommend for syringe feeding? baby food? just in case if i need to.
Ah i feel good, one margarita on the rocks down hahah. HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE!!

annieoakley123

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well my baby is half way done shedding. but eating hasnt been a great highlight. this morning he was hunting and looking good, but man, hes looking skinny. i bought repti-aid, mixed it up, AND HE LOVED IT!! im so happy he ate about a full CC. Still waiting to give him his meds for the day. I also gave him a bath to help his shedding.
Good news is that he is going to bed on time and waking up a lot faster. He did a poop for me this morning before work and I noticed little worms in it! ugh!!!!! glad its coming out and not staying in.

annieoakley123

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Nope, things are not back to normal. I just posted another topic on him in the health. Should be in the ER section tho. He threw up last night! ah! He has not been eating anything, i been syringe feeding him lately, giving baths, making sure he is very hydrated. On of his poos looked a little normal, but the one right after was watery again. Hes been losing weight as well. Im doing all i can for the little one right now. Making sure he has a probiotic, and everything else as usual. I pulled him off the meds completely. The duration of the albon seemed way too much to me and others that i let know. Ill keep you posted.

annieoakley123

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Nope, things are not back to normal. I just posted another topic on him in the health. Should be in the ER section tho. He threw up last night! ah! He has not been eating anything, i been syringe feeding him lately, giving baths, making sure he is very hydrated. On of his poos looked a little normal, but the one right after was watery again. Hes been losing weight as well. Im doing all i can for the little one right now. Making sure he has a probiotic, and everything else as usual. I pulled him off the meds completely. The duration of the albon seemed way too much to me and others that i let know. Ill keep you posted.

annieoakley123

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
yes, they said they would call me back if there was an issue....apparently there isnt to them. I know taking him back there will do more harm than good since it is a long drive and will only stress him out more. Im doing everything i can think of at the moment. im afraid the prescribed albon was way too much for him. He is just a little guy so I dont know if it did any lasting damage to him. Im just making sure that he is hydrated. that is the most important thing. But we will see. If anyone has any advice let me know. In one day he went down hill really quick, and today he looked better. Ill keep you posted of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom