Fattening Up A Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehk10

I took my beeardie to the vet for the first time. She had a parasite that had to be treated. She took an antibiotic and had to be taken back in, in a week. When she went back in he said she hadnt gained enough weight. She eats alot and never turns down food. She has eaten only crickets for a while. She started eating superworms when she hit 15 in. but she wasnt digesting them properly. I was told to lay off worms for a while. I was also told she shouldnt go back to wax worms(which she ate for a while) because she would get spoiled and they were not that good for a dragon that size. She is 18 in. but she isnt that big like an adult. She is 7 1/2 months old. What can she eat?

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Big hornworms tend to fatten them up kind of quick.
You can not get locusts in the US (not sure if you are in US or not)

horns are quite big and a bit more for treats, if you cant find locust try looking for crickets, but their messy, die quikly and take alot to satissfy(spelling) a beardie, try silkworms too, aparantly they're really good for dragons, mealworms arent that good because of chitin to meat ratio, you can also feed shredded carrots, brocholi, turnip greens, carrot greens, beetroot, alfalfa and many more, try to avoid citrus fruits, it gives beardies runny tummies

good luck!!! :blob8: :D

Acill

If you order the Phoenix worms dont go nuts and get 1200! Mine ate 25 the day I got them and wouldnt touch them after that. Its strange becaus eeveryone I talked to said he should have tore them up like it was candy. I would try a 4 pack which is 400.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Roaches, hands down. They have the most protein per package ( insect) little fat. The dubias would be ideal. Talk to any of our resident roach farmers, Jason, clear and Aaron Pauling, they'll give you the ( pardon the pun) skinny on them !
Janie.

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
ehk10":1d3e8 said:
A long time ago the guys at aquatic critter said no superworms
Superworms are fine for beardies as long as the beardie is at minimum 16 inches long. There are places that sell small superworms, but I wouldn't start your beardie on them until you are sure that there are no digestion issues as they do have a hard shell. All of my dragons (except my 2 month old) are on supers. And they have been gaining weight like crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom