Eyes closed, trouble eating, not moving

Status
Not open for further replies.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
I hope we get an update as well. Also, just to reinforce the answers to your prior question about her diet, you absolutely must feed her 2-3 live feeder insect sessions every single day, especially up until she's 8 months old, then 1-2 is okay, but there is no substitute for lots of live insects from birth to a year old. Generally they will not eat many if any of those pellets, and very little salad either, but the main issue is that she will not grow or develop properly without live insect protein, and lots of it every day her first year of life, when she's growing and developing the most. If you try to feed a bearded dragon that is between a month and a year old salad and pellets she will most likely become very sick and die, after becoming emaciated and most likely developing MBD and Vitamin B1 deficiency. So please, find a way to buy enough live insects for her to have at the very least 2 unlimited feedings every single day. Crickets are very cheap online at several places, so are dubia roaches (and other roach species). If you can get a dubia roach colony going then she'll eat for free, but it takes a long time to get one going.

I'd search online for "bulk feeder crickets" and find the cheapest place, then go onto your local Craigslist (or the closest local Craigslist) and go to "community, services, pets" and see if there are any live insect feeder sales in your area, because typically they are very cheap and will deliver to your door weekly. I can buy 500 medium to large superworms from my local guy for $10 delivered to my door! And never buy crickets at Petco or PetSmart, they are ridiculous. Try to find small, privately owned pet shops and call them all, asking what their cricket prices are. I have a local pet shop that is 25 minutes away but sells already gut-loaded crickets for .03 a piece. So it's well worth the drive, and usually they'll work out a bulk special for you if it's a weekly or monthly buy. You'll find a cheap cricket place, you just have to look everywhere online and locally to you, and stay away from the big chain pet shops, their prices are insane... Petco sells Calciworms for $4.25 per 25 worms, and they're tiny... It's just ridiculous. I buy 500 large online for $12 or 1,000 large for $22.99..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom