eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
nikkicostello89":9ca77 said:
haleygirl272":9ca77 said:
baby_geek":9ca77 said:
haleygirll272 I think you might have it backwards. You should never use the caci-sand or any reptile sand as they harden and can cause impaction. Play sand that has been washed is ok for adults but still isn't recommended as it harbors bacteria and mites as Nikki said.

Calci-sand is terrible. I only believe in using reptile sand, but I thought if you changed it often enough, It wouldn't harbor much bacteria. :?

Tile, papertowels, newspaper, lino, shelf lining etc is much much easier to clean, cheaper and healthier for your beardie.

I tried sand for 2 weeks, and i changed it after one, completely changed it, i also ensured that i cleaned out the sand surrounding the poo whenever they went, and i didn't feed them in their viv. At a regualar checkup at the vet after 2 weeks of using sand, they all had parasites. They've never had a problem with parasites before. That sand was outta there quicker that the vet could say ££. It cost me £10 for the sand for 3 vivs, and then £60 to get rid of the parasites in all three beardies.

I personally, wouldn't risk using sand.

Nikki

It's cheaper!!!!??? :shock:
I'm switching to tile!

"i also ensured that i cleaned out the sand surrounding the poo whenever they went, and i didn't feed them in their viv."

Yea, I do that, no wonder I thiunk he has parasites!!! I'm getting a fecal, and when I'm done....Off to tile or shelf liner. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My 2 year old male dragon has been shedding for 2-3 weeks. I’m worried about it being a stuck shed. I’ve seen on other websites they should not soak and then I’ve seen that they should be soaked. So my question is when should I soak him?
Hello , im still figureing out this platform,
So violet laid eggs, weeks ago, she was doing very well , in the last 3 to 4 days her poop was more than runny . Haven't changed much in her diet , an appetite is very good. Should I be considering a parasites remedy as she does get bloated as soon as she starts to eat.
My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wickedkurse84$
Top Bottom