eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
nikkicostello89":9ca77 said:
haleygirl272":9ca77 said:
baby_geek":9ca77 said:
haleygirll272 I think you might have it backwards. You should never use the caci-sand or any reptile sand as they harden and can cause impaction. Play sand that has been washed is ok for adults but still isn't recommended as it harbors bacteria and mites as Nikki said.

Calci-sand is terrible. I only believe in using reptile sand, but I thought if you changed it often enough, It wouldn't harbor much bacteria. :?

Tile, papertowels, newspaper, lino, shelf lining etc is much much easier to clean, cheaper and healthier for your beardie.

I tried sand for 2 weeks, and i changed it after one, completely changed it, i also ensured that i cleaned out the sand surrounding the poo whenever they went, and i didn't feed them in their viv. At a regualar checkup at the vet after 2 weeks of using sand, they all had parasites. They've never had a problem with parasites before. That sand was outta there quicker that the vet could say ££. It cost me £10 for the sand for 3 vivs, and then £60 to get rid of the parasites in all three beardies.

I personally, wouldn't risk using sand.

Nikki

It's cheaper!!!!??? :shock:
I'm switching to tile!

"i also ensured that i cleaned out the sand surrounding the poo whenever they went, and i didn't feed them in their viv."

Yea, I do that, no wonder I thiunk he has parasites!!! I'm getting a fecal, and when I'm done....Off to tile or shelf liner. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom