Eye Problems Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Well, the 2 main causes of no poop are impaction and underfeeding. If he's active, I would guess that underfeeding is the reason he hasn't gone yet, but rub your fingers down his side from armpit to vent to check for impaction just in case.

I have a theory that pet stores don't tell people exactly how much baby dragons should be eating because once you think about it, you'll realize that only a millionare could afford to feed as much as they need at the prices pet stores charge. (My local store charges almost .10 per cricket. Miss Priss can eat nearly 100 crickets a day, so feeding her as much as she needs from the pet store would cost me about $300 a month or $3,650 for a year. I have 2 other dragons to feed, although they're adults and don't cost anything resembling that, and kind of like eating myself.) Buying in bulk offline is closer to $60 per month depending where you go. It still stings, but it's doable. Once you do the math, you're either not going to buy the lizard or find someplace cheaper to buy feeders, and they're out money. There's also the less money-grubbing way to look at it, that people just genuinly don't know better. Even if it's a store that sells nothing but reptiles, caring for a gecko or boa is nothing like caring for a dragon, and you probably won't know perfect husbandry for everything in your care.

JLT

Original Poster
Thanks Peera,

I took Drago out and checked him out as we played and cuddled. His sides seem to be very soft and this is after I went to the store and got some feeder food for him and he gobbled up 25 wax worms and 5 crickets before stopping. I still have some Supers left which are OK from what I'm hearing with him being 15" long. Feeding him that much is very interactive which is great cause he is still very timid with me still.

I think all my answers have been taken care of on this topic and have developed more. But I will stop here cause it really doesn't go here.

Thanks to everyone that helped me get Drago and I feeling better.

JT

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Glad you have gotten the lighting down now & he is doing well.
Limit those waxworms, ok? They are pretty fatty & should not be fed in excess or as a staple, but just a treat a couple of times per week. At 15 inches, you can do superworms, but not in excess yet.
Stick with crickets, & the phoenix or butterworms right now. I hope he is doing good today!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom