Eye Looks Infected

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGillo27

Aaron+Edward":2czh73rz said:
Hello, I posted this in the ER because I need to know if majority think I should go to the vet asap or if this is something more normal?

I noticed this piece of skin/scale on the bottom of Edward's eye and a bit of black speckle... I thought it was maybe some dirt or that he scratched himself accidentally.
http://members.shaw.ca/acallaway/20130808_202916.jpg

That doesn't look like dirt, or a scratch.
But something could be stuck.

I would suggest like E 19 said to try a bath and q tip to eye.
Once my baby cawled in poop and I though it was fungus . :banghead:

Try the bath and Q tip, and If doesn't go away, or comes back shortly maybe a vet visit would be in order.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Has he recently shed his eyes? It looks like retained shed or just skin getting ready to shed off. It does look irritated & his eye looks a little watery.
As suggested, you can get some sterile saline solution to put in his eye to help out some. A bath with some misting may be helpful also for him.
How long has it looked like this?

Tracie

Aaron+Edward

Original Poster
It has been about a week or 2 that it has looked like this. Also his eyes water (both of them) when I feed him prey items is that normal?

Aaron+Edward

Original Poster
Just to update you all that I bathed Edward and used a q-tip to gently brush his eye and I think it was just an old piece of skin from his last shed because it flaked right off. :) Thanks for all your help. Edward thanks you too :lol:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

That is great Edward's eye is just fine & it was a piece of old stuck shed. Is his eye normal now & not irritated?

Tracie

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
Hello I was glad that it wasn't an infection. However, I did notice that you seem to have loose substrate on the bottom of his cage, and when I saw that and his eye, my first thought was that a piece of substrate got stuck on his eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aleyna
Top Bottom