Eye issue

Paddythedragon

Beardie name(s)
Paddy
Paddy’s left eye had a little eye booger in it. I gave him a bath and used a wet cutip to wipe it away. The goop is gone, but his eye is swollen and he prefers to keep it shut. Any home remedies I can try to avoid a vet visit? His eye is open in the photo (taken today 02-22-2023). But like I said, he has it shut most of the day.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 48

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Paddy’s left eye had a little eye booger in it. I gave him a bath and used a wet cutip to wipe it away. The goop is gone, but his eye is swollen and he prefers to keep it shut. Any home remedies I can try to avoid a vet visit? His eye is open in the photo (taken today 02-22-2023). But like I said, he has it shut most of the day.
You can use some regular saline solution to rinse no contact lens stuff - then some raw unpasteurized honey on it use a Q tip and apply w/ that - are you using any loose substrate in the tank --- what kind of basking bulb ? brand please and your UVB brand and bulb and where in the tank is it

Paddythedragon

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Paddy
You can use some regular saline solution to rinse no contact lens stuff - then some raw unpasteurized honey on it use a Q tip and apply w/ that - are you using any loose substrate in the tank --- what kind of basking bulb ? brand please and your UVB brand and bulb and where in the tank is it
There isn’t any loose flooring. There is a photo for his enclosure in my profile, but here it is again.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 41

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
There isn’t any loose flooring. There is a photo for his enclosure in my profile, but here it is again.
Ok did we go over the screen on the tank? You have all good bulbs and no loose substrate so that is all good - the only thing I can think of is shedding would cause an eye issue -- I am going to have AHBD take a look at her and see what she recommends
@AHBD

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Looks like it was just a slight irritation and should clear up. You can use the methods that Karrie mentioned but it doesn't look like it will be a real problem.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom