eye issue and not from megaray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livey

Extreme Poster
alrighhttt i just want to get a couple more opions on thiss
i just changed the uv from an exo terra(which only started causing my problems a couple of days ago)
i baught mysef a 12% arcadia tube, nothing seems to have changed.
I have a ceramic heater heating the cage and a small 50w bulb to create light.( exo terra sun glo)
shes not sleeping she sits upright and doesnt evan try to open her eyes when she outside the viv
i she doesnt improve by tommor shes going to the vets,
i would just like some heads up on whats going on thanks guys!

LilahFaye

When my beardie was having some eye problems, I spoke to my vet, and she suggested getting him some kind of saline solution. I went to the pet store and picked him up some Zoo Med Repti-Turtle Drops. Although I'm not sure if they have the same thing in the UK, it's worth a try. I used it on my beardie, because the only ingredients in there are saline solution, vitamin A, and vitamin B12. After using those drops once a day for about a week, I started noticing a difference right away. My little guy had been opening his eyes a lot more, and now he rarely closes them (unless he's sleepy or blinking, of course!)

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
i thiinkk they have tht over here. yeah im sure they will, i will give it a try thanks!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Did you get an Arcadia D3 12% tube bulb correct?
I recommend turning the new UVB light off for a few days, since the Reptiglo 10 tube bulb had irritated the eyes. I think that she is probably just having ill effects still from the previous light & her eyes are still sensitive.
You can get some turtle eye wash or some sterile saline solution to flush the eyes out daily, to help with any irritation or redness she might have right now.
How is her appetite doing?
Do you have the UVB light placed directly beside the basking light?

Tracie

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
taken UV out,
and also got myself some drops :)
ill start on them today when i get back, thanks a tone for the help.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Olivia,

Great, let me know how she is doing. The eyes should begin to improve shortly. I think that she just needs a short break from UVB to let her eyes heal up. The bad lighting really does make them very sensitive for awhile.
I am happy that you got some eye drops for her, too. I hope she is feeling better soon!

Tracie

LilahFaye

That's great :D The eye-drops really helped out my beardie too, and I could see how relieved they made his eyes feel. I'm glad that Nunu is feeling better :)

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
yeah its all good! :D i put the UV back in all is good and still on those eye drops!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Olivia,

So your dragon is doing much better now? That is great to hear, I am so happy to hear that. :D
So the eye drops helped immensely also, the is wonderful.
I hope she is eating well too. Thanks for the updates.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom