Eye infection?? Mouth rot?? Mbd?? Idk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmwyer

So, to start, yes, she WILL be going to the vet. I just want some outside opinions to take to the vet. Temps good, on carpet, had a hide, etc. Spyro has long since had issues and been a hand feeder for a few years now. She was finally gaining weight and looking well and eating better, but now I have some concerns. First off, everytime she eats her eyes water. She still has no fat pads and was dehydrated from not eating or drinking. Gave slurries and critical care, she finally started eating solids with help, and pooing. Well, the left eye still is watery more so than the right and it looks funny to me. Vet said it didn't look infected last visit, but gave drops anyway just in case. No improvement. So, these past 2 weeks she was eating a little less and less and this Saturday we notice she has these spots in her mouth. I panic about mouth rot! I just cleaned to diluted listerine, then decided to use diluted betadine instead. Managed to get a little of the whitish, yellow gink off and saved it in case it was viable for testing. Then a few days ago I noticed her back leg/body/tail area was spasming. I panic about mbd since her first 2-3 years, before we got her, she was never given calcium or uvb. It didn't happen again that I saw until after we cleaned her mouth. It was almost like she was just ticked and started spazing. If someone could tell me how to post pictures, I can put up what I have of her eyes and mouth and a link of a YouTube video that is almost identical to her spasm. Not my video, just one I found that is a good example. Any help is appreciated. Again, she will be seen by our trust reptile vet as soon as they are in office (off for holiday) and can squeeze her in. Thanks!!

EDIT!! Figured out the imaging thing. Okay, so here's here eyes, first is the "bad" eye, second is "good" eye. Then next 2 are both sides of her mouth, and the link is just an example I found of how Spyro had a spasm.

94216-1709392588.jpg
94216-4194158292.jpg
94216-5011582053.jpg
94216-7763882782.jpg

https://youtu.be/ipx2BeDNlQE

hmwyer

Original Poster
**I should also, add she seems to have some mucous, thick saliva, and sometimes will seem to swallow hard and there's occasionally a popping sound. RI maybe? And her tongue has lost it's stickyness over the her years of being hand fed abd she has trouble sort of getting food. She won't eat fresh greens or live feeders at all anymore. Only takes the nasty premade freeze dried "fast food" and the mazuri powder mix. Vet told me as long as she ate those 2 things for now l, it was better than not eating at all and hopefully she'd cpme around to good food again. And don't think I don't try her on fresh and live foods when she seems to be doing better. She just won't go for it. He's tried blood work, but at the time she was dehydrated from fasting herself so he only got a small sample for the basic testing, nothing full blown. Anyhow, hoping next vet we can get some blood or meds or something to try and see if she comes around, but any thoughts here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom