eye bulging...

Status
Not open for further replies.
just wondering guys is it normal for BD's to eye bulge when they are asleep.
i've had my little man on my lap on a fleese blanket and a few times i have looked down and he's eye bulging in his sleep.
I've never seen this before whilst sleeping. only when he's basking on in the bath he's done it 4-5 times is it normal?
thanks

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm not sure if its normal but it is nothing bad even if its not normal.

-Brandon

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Hadn't ever heard of one bulging their eyes while asleep, I imagine since they do it while basking, maybe that is what they are dreaming about? :D How often does your dragon do this while sleeping? If it is only on occasion I wouldn't worry.

drgnfly2265

Sub-Adult Member
Maybe it's apart of the REM cycle? During the REM cycle of people and animals sleep is when we dream and during that time our eyes move. Thats why it's called REM (Random Eye Movement) cycle. That cycle of our sleep is the most important. I wonder if that is what could be it...

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Its actually Rapid Eye Movement, not random :p Either way, if its dreaming or not, its nothing harmful.

-Brandon

drgnfly2265

Sub-Adult Member
claudiusx":2rf9a82l said:
Its actually Rapid Eye Movement, not random :p Either way, if its dreaming or not, its nothing harmful.

-Brandon

Oh that's right :roll: It's been a couple of years since I learned that in class. I was close though..

jkaitlin

I think maybe it's when they're drifting off to sleep or getting really comfy? Like a cat-nap kinda thing? :) It makes sense to me. My beardie, Leo, just did it for the first time while I was cuddling him on my chest. It freaked me out a little bit! I thought I'd poked his eyes out or something, so my heart rate went up, then his eyes went back to normal, and he looked at me like he was thinking "Really, Mom? You're gonna freak out at every little thing?? I was just getting comfortable!" But I think it would make sense that they would do it when they feel comfortable. I'd imagine that their eyes would be more at risk when they bulge, so they would probably have to be comfortable to put themselves in that sort of 'situation'. Sorry if I rambled. :)

EDIT:
I just found an article on this site about it, actually. My theory doesn't make much sense compared to this. Haha. Oh well.

http://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/eyebulging/?page=1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom